Konnichi wa / Great Outdoors
A Guide to Boise's Best Restaurants: Where to Get a Delicious Bite
Welcome to my guide to Boise's best restaurants! Whether you're a local or a visitor, you'll find something to love in Boise's incredible food scene. From classic favorites to inventive new restaurants, there's something for every palate.
In this guide, I'll share some of the top Boise restaurants, as well as different types of cuisine you can find in the city. So get ready for a delicious journey as we explore all the delicious options for great food in Boise.
Watch this video for the best things to do in Boise, ID!
Introduction to Boise's Best Restaurants
Boise in Treasure Valley is Idaho's largest city and is fast becoming a United States foodie destination. With its vibrant restaurant scene and diverse range of cuisines, the city has something to offer everyone.
From classic American fare to Mexican, Chinese, and Thai, there are plenty of menu items (from beef stroganoff to asparagus fries, short ribs to ice cream) for a delicious meal with fantastic food and fresh ingredients.
Whether you're looking for a cozy spot for a romantic dinner in downtown Boise or a lively spot for drinks and appetizers, Boise has you covered.
Here are some of the best restaurants in the Boise area that you won't want to miss.
Top Restaurants in Boise
This cozy gastropub is a local favorite. With its classic pub fare, craft beers, and extensive whiskey list, it's the perfect place for a casual night out or happy hour with its outdoor patio and friendly service.
This family-owned Mexican restaurant has been serving up great food for over 20 years. Try their signature barbacoa tacos, made with tender, slow-cooked pork and pico de gallo. Or, opt for the fajitas, served sizzling on a cast iron skillet.
The Basque Market
This European-inspired market (or Basque restaurant from the Basque country in Spain) is a great spot for lunch or a light dinner. Their charcuterie boards are a must-try, featuring cured meats, cheeses, and other accompaniments. The Basque Market also serves up classic Basque dishes, such as Paella and Bacalao.
Boise Fry Co
This local favorite fry bar serves up delicious hand-cut fries from Idaho potatoes and gourmet burgers. Choose from a variety of toppings, sauces, and cheeses to customize your order. It's the perfect spot for a quick lunch or a late-night snack.
Trillium Restaurant Inside The Grove Hotel
This upscale, fine dining restaurant is one of the best places for a romantic dinner. The menu features contemporary American cuisine, with a focus on local ingredients. Try their signature steak, served with truffle mashed potatoes. It's a must-try for steak lovers.
This funky taqueria serves up inventive tacos and Mexican-inspired dishes. The menu features creative takes on classics, such as the Baja Fish Taco and the Chipotle Chicken Burrito. It's the perfect spot for a quick, casual meal.
Chandler's Prime Steaks and Fine Seafood
This upscale steakhouse and seafood restaurant serves up classic dishes with an elegant twist in their dining room. Try their signature steak, aged for 21 days and served with truffle mashed potatoes. Or, opt for the fresh seafood, such as the pan-roasted salmon.
This family-owned donut shop is a local favorite. Their donuts are made fresh daily and are served up with your choice of toppings. Try the classic glazed donut, or get creative with the customizable donut bar.
This Basque-style pub is a great spot for drinks and appetizers. Try their signature pintxos, or small plates, such as the grilled octopus and the chorizo-stuffed piquillo peppers. It's a great spot for a casual night out.
This upscale restaurant serves up creative takes on classic dishes. Try the signature pork chop, served with grilled peaches and roasted potatoes. Or, opt for the crispy duck confit, served with farro and roasted mushrooms.
Bardenay Restaurant & Distillery
This popular spot is a great place for lunch or dinner. Their menu features classic American fare, such as burgers and sandwiches. Or, opt for the house-made charcuterie boards, served with locally-sourced cheeses.
Luciano's Italian Restaurant
This cozy Italian restaurant serves up authentic Italian cuisine. Try their signature spaghetti carbonara or the classic lasagna. Or, opt for one of the signature pizzas, cooked in the wood-fired oven.
This upscale French bistro serves up classic French dishes with a modern twist. Try the steak tartare, served with a poached egg and capers. Or, opt for the roasted salmon, served with leeks and a mustard cream sauce.
Saint Lawrence Gridiron
This popular spot is a great place for a hearty meal. Their menu features classic American dishes, such as burgers and sandwiches. Or, opt for the fried chicken, served with mac and cheese and coleslaw.
This gastropub serves up delicious classic pub fare with a modern twist. Try their signature burger, made with grass-fed beef and topped with bacon and aged cheddar. Or, opt for the fish and chips, served with a side of house-made tartar sauce.
As you can see, Boise is home to an incredible food scene. With its diverse range of cuisines and creative takes on classic dishes, you're sure to find something to love. Whether you're looking for a cozy spot for a romantic dinner or a vibrant spot for drinks and appetizers, you're sure to find it in Boise. So get ready for a delicious journey as you explore all the delicious options for great food in Boise.
Looking for more on Best Restaurants in Boise and other adventures? Try these:
- Taste the Best of Tulsa: A Savory Guide to the City's Best Restaurants
- The Search for the Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids
- Dining Out in Nantucket: A Guide to the Best Restaurants in Town
- What it Means When a Plant Bolts: What Is the Cause and How to Deal
- Things to do in Montauk
- The Pros And Cons Of Living In Oregon
- The Top-10 Best National Parks in the USA
- How to Care for String of Hearts Plant
- Savory Fried Dough Recipe
- The Perfect Rockfish Recipe: Blackened with Garlic Butter Sauce
- One Second till Impact: A Kamikaze Shot
- Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe: Japanese Inspired and Beyond!
- The Beautiful Weeping Cherry Tree
- The Story of Daikon: A Taste of the East
- The Ultimate Guide to Growing Pothos
- Pomodoro Sauce
- The Chinese Money Plant: A Companion in Your Home
- Tasty Fish and Chips
- Nigiri: What Is It and How Does It Differ from Sashimi or Maki?
- Spaghetti Squash: How to Cook
- Peperomia: How to Grow and Care for
- Capers: What Are They and What Do They Taste Like?
- Sashimi: What Is It and How Does It Differ from Sushi?
- Gummy Bear Shot Recipe
- Lemon Drop Shot
- Boba Tea (Bubble Tea): What It Is and How to Make It
- Best Homemade Chili Recipe
- Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- Ratatouille: A Recipe for a Tasty Dish
- How to Make Sushi Rice: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Donburi: A Japanese Rice Dish
- Swai: The Best Fish to Abstain From
- 180 C to F: 180 Celsius to Fahrenheit Conversion
- What to Substitute for Cardamom in Recipes
- Pepino: A Simple Fruit
- Philodendron: How to Grow and Care for Your Houseplant
- Best Substitutes for Coriander and Cilantro
- Mirin Substitute: What Is It and What to Use If You Don't Have Any?
- Best Ways to Use Peppadew Peppers
- Easy Semifreddo Recipe