Konnichi wa / Great Outdoors
The Ultimate Guide to the Best Tequilas for Shots
Tequila is a Mexican spirit made from the Weber Blue Agave plant.
It is one of the most popular and widely-consumed spirits in the world, and it is a staple of Mexican cuisine.
Tequila is enjoyed in a variety of ways, including shots, cocktails, and sipping.
Whether you’re looking for the best tequila for shots or a smooth sipping tequila, there are many high-quality options to choose from.
In this article, we’ll explore the best tequila for shots and provide some tips on how to choose the perfect tequila for your needs.
Watch this video on The Best Tequila Brands to Try!
What Is Tequila?
Tequila is a distilled spirit made from the blue weber agave plant, which is native to the state of Jalisco in Mexico.
The agave plant is harvested and cooked to extract its juice, which is then fermented and distilled to create tequila.
Tequila can be aged in oak barrels (often American Oak barrels) for up to three years, resulting in different varieties such as tequila blanco, reposado, añejo (or, aged tequila), and extra añejo.
Extra añejo tequilas are aged for three years or more and have an amber color.
Tequila can also be made with either American or French oak barrels, which can affect its flavor profile.
Best Tequila for Shots
When it comes to taking tequila shots, you want to choose a high-quality tequila that has a smooth taste and finish. Here are some favorite tequilas in the United States for shots:
Patrón Silver: Patrón Silver tequila is one of the most popular tequilas on the market and makes for a classic tequila shot. It has a smooth taste with notes of citrus and black pepper, making it ideal for taking shots in a shot glass.
Don Julio Blanco: Don Julio Blanco is another great option for taking shots. It has a smooth finish and sweet taste with fruity notes of tropical fruit and a hint of sweetness.
Olmeca Altos Plata: Olmeca Altos Plata is a premium tequila made with 100% blue weber agave. It has a smooth taste with notes of citrus and black pepper, making it perfect for taking shots.
Casamigos Blanco: Casamigos Blanco is an award-winning tequila made with 100% blue weber agave co-founded by George Clooney. It has a smooth taste with notes of tropical fruit and sweet agave, making it perfect for taking shots.
Best Tequila Cocktails
Tequila isn’t just for taking shots; it can also be used to make delicious cocktails. Here are some of the best tequila cocktails:
Tequila Sunrise: The Tequila Sunrise is one of the most popular tequila cocktails and it was created by legendary bartender Gene Sulit in the 1930s. It’s made with orange juice, tequila, lime juice, and grenadine syrup and garnished with an orange slice and cherry.
Margarita: The Margarita is another classic tequila cocktail that was created by bartender Francisco “Pancho” Morales in 1938. It’s made with lime juice, orange liqueur, tequila, and salt or sugar rimmed on the glass.
Tequila Sour: The Tequila Sour is a classic cocktail that was created by bartender Joe Scialom in 1934. It’s made with lime juice, simple syrup, egg white, orange liqueur, and tequila.
Paloma: The Paloma is a popular Mexican cocktail that was created by bartender Don Javier Delgado Corona in the 1950s. It’s made with grapefruit soda, lime juice, salt rimmed on the glass, and tequila.
Whether you’re looking for the best tequila for shots or cocktails, there are many high-quality options to choose from. We hope this article has helped you find the perfect tequila for your needs!
Looking for more on Best Tequila for Shots and other topics? Try these:
- The Definitive Guide to Blanco Tequila
- Explore the Different Types of Tequila and Find Your Perfect Match
- The Difference Between Mezcal and Tequila: What You Need to Know
- What Is Anejo Tequila? Learn All About This Popular Mexican Spirit
- The Most Expensive Tequilas: A Guide to the Finest Spirits
- Tequila Drinks: The Best Cocktails to Enjoy with a Tequila Lover
- Raise a Glass to Casamigos Tequila: The Perfect Margarita Maker
- United WiFi: Everything You Need to Know About Connecting to the Internet on United Airlines
- DeltaWifi.com: The Ultimate Guide to Delta Air Lines’ In-Flight Wi-Fi Services
- A Luxurious Getaway: The Ritz-Carlton Maldives
- A Closer Look at Delta Premium Select
- Emirates First Class: An Unparalleled Luxury Flight Experience
- How to Have a Happy Retirement: or, How to Make the Most of Your Later Years
- Pull Day Workout: Building Muscle and Strength with Pull Exercises
- Tinga de Pollo: A Delicious Mexican Classic
- How to Restart an Apple Watch
- How Many Miles is a 5K Race?
- Best Breakfast in Las Vegas
- A Delicious Mexican Tradition: Tacos de Canasta
- Tax Attorney: An Overview of What They Do and How to Find the Right One
- Best Tequila for Margaritas: A Comprehensive Guide
- Four Seasons New Orleans: A Luxury Hotel with a Rich Cultural Heritage
- What Is Gross Pay?
- Does Target Take Apple Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Mexican Breakfast
- The Subtle Art of Dry White Wine
- Bora Bora Resorts: A Comprehensive Guide to the Best Vacation Destinations
- How Many Cups in a Gallon?
- How Many Oz in a Pound: The Definitive Answer
- Las Vegas Time: Everything You Need to Know
- Welcome to AAInflight: The Ultimate Guide to American Airlines Inflight Services
- How to Care for Your Monstera Plant
- Tequila: A Taste of Mexico in Every Sip
- The Essential Guide to Reposado Tequila: Unlocking its Complex Flavors
- Sonesta Hotels
- The Best Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- Best Sake: A Comprehensive Guide
- How Many Bottles in a Case of Wine?
- How to Cut a Dragon Fruit
How Many Water Bottles Is a Gallon?