Konnichi wa / Great Outdoors
Green Tea Shot Recipe: How to Make a Green Tea Shot
What is in a green tea shot?
This delicious drink is made of high-quality Jameson Irish Whiskey, peach schnapps, sour mix, lemon lime soda and, despite what the name suggests, contains no actual organic green tea.
That's right: there is no green tea in a green tea shot.
Still interested in learning more about this incredible drink? Read on.
Watch this video on how to make a green tea shot!
What is a green tea shot?
A Jameson green tea shot is a delicious alcoholic drink (with zero health benefits - at least, that we're aware of!) made with high-quality Irish whiskey that contains no actual green tea.
This shot is not the healthiest drink as it contains no Yerba Mate or amino acids and it won't help boost antioxidants to reduce oxidative stress.
It also shouldn't be confused with Jello shots or matcha shots (with matcha powder) and it won't help with weight loss or improve your overall health.
But it is a refreshing drink you can enjoy with your friends!
How to make a green tea shot
- Cocktail shaker
- Bar strainer
- Shot glasses
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) Peach Scnapps
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) Sour Mix
- Splash of lemon-lime soda (e.g., Sprite or 7UP)
- Handful of ice cubes
- Simply combine 1/2 ounce Jameson whiskey, 1/2 ounce peach schnapps, and 1/2 ounce sour mix in the shaker with a handful of ice cubes.
- Shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour 3/4 full into the shot glasses.
- Top off with the lemon-lime soda.
Final thoughts on green tea shots
Hope you enjoyed this article on how to make a green tea shot!
Looking for more on Green Tea Shots and other similar content? Try these:
- Coffee 101: The Basics of Macchiato
- The Art of Teppanyaki
- Dim Sum: A Culinary Journey
- The Hottest Condiment: Chamoy
- Step-by-Step Thai Tea Recipe
- The Best National Parks in Wisconsin
- Must-Visit National Parks in Illinois
- 10 National Parks in Washington State
- Montana National Parks: Places to Explore in the Treasure State
- Glaciers, Fjords, and Coastal Mountains: National Parks in Alaska
- The Best National Parks in New Mexico
- Arizona's National Parks
- 11 Must-See National Parks in Colorado
- Guide to the Best National Parks in Texas
- Breathtaking National Parks in Wyoming
- National Parks in California
- Hiking Boots: Why You Don't Need Them and What to Buy Instead
- Kona & the Big Island of Hawaii: Things to Do & See
- Best Backpacking & Camping Tents
- Best Backpacking Backpack: Why Osprey Packs are Superior
- Southern New Mexico: Carlsbad Caverns & White Sands National Monument
- Beartooth Highway: A Montana Road Trip
- Valley of Fire State Park: The Complete Guide
- 17 Best Backpacking Hacks
- Merino Wool: The Best Fabric Known to Man?
- Camping on the Oregon Coast
- Visiting Kyushu, Japan
- Big Sur Camping & Other Lodging Options
- Mastering Your Charcoal Grill