Konnichi wa / Great Outdoors
Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe: Japanese Inspired and Beyond!
Japanese food is famous for being healthy, delicious, and easy to make. One of the most popular dishes in Japan is Hibachi fried rice. This traditional dish has been made in households across Asia for centuries and it's no wonder why! The dish packs a ton of flavor with only a few simple ingredients, making it perfect to whip up any night of the week. Here are some tips on how you can make your own version at home that will be healthier than take out!
Watch this video on how to make hibachi fried rice!
What is hibachi fried rice?
Hibachi fried rice is a Japanese fried rice that is typically cooked hibachi style right in front of the customer on an iron grill. At hibachi restaurants and your favorite Japanese steakhouse, this stir fry dish refers to cooking in front of your guest at a hibachi grill on the table or countertop and then adding soy sauce towards end stage while tossing it with tongs - hence making for a delicious meal!
How to make hibachi fried rice
Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe
- Rice (previously cooked)
- Hibachi vegetables (shredded broccoli, onion, carrots, and ginger)
- Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- Sesame oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Use leftover rice (one day-old rice is ideal) or cook rice in a pot (or instant pot / rice cooker) with water according to package instructions. Allow cooked rice to cool for at least 30 minutes before use.
- Make scrambled eggs by mixing together beaten eggs with salt and pepper before pouring into a large skillet over medium heat.
- Chop vegetables into small pieces before adding them to a pan or wok with oil and butter; this ensures even cooking for all ingredients involved.
- Once vegetables are cooked thoroughly, pour eggs onto frying pan and scramble until fully cooked.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, and butter at this point to adjust seasoning preferences.
- Combine rice and egg mixture together on stove top and cook on medium to high heat until rice is hot.
- Serve with a side of yum yum sauce and enjoy!
Tips for making hibachi fried rice
You can use white rice, brown rice, basmati rice, jasmine rice, or cauliflower rice based on preference. Just make sure it's old rice.
Add grilled chicken to make hibachi chicken fried rice.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later use.
Add sesame seeds for a unique and savory flavor.
You can add green beans to the vegetable mix to add some extra crunch.
Final thoughts on hibachi fried rice
Hope you enjoyed this article on hibachi fried rice!
Looking for more on Hibachi Fried Rice and other similar content? Try these:
- The Beautiful Weeping Cherry Tree
- The Story of Daikon: A Taste of the East
- The Ultimate Guide to Growing Pothos
- Pomodoro Sauce
- The Chinese Money Plant: A Companion in Your Home
- Tasty Fish and Chips
- Nigiri: What Is It and How Does It Differ from Sashimi or Maki?
- Spaghetti Squash: How to Cook
- Peperomia: How to Grow and Care for
- Capers: What Are They and What Do They Taste Like?
- Sashimi: What Is It and How Does It Differ from Sushi?
- Gummy Bear Shot Recipe
- Lemon Drop Shot
- Boba Tea (Bubble Tea): What It Is and How to Make It
- Best Homemade Chili Recipe
- Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- Ratatouille: A Recipe for a Tasty Dish
- How to Make Sushi Rice: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Donburi: A Japanese Rice Dish
- Swai: The Best Fish to Abstain From
- 180 C to F: 180 Celsius to Fahrenheit Conversion
- What to Substitute for Cardamom in Recipes
- Pepino: A Simple Fruit
- Philodendron: How to Grow and Care for Your Houseplant
- Best Substitutes for Coriander and Cilantro
- Mirin Substitute: What Is It and What to Use If You Don't Have Any?
- Best Ways to Use Peppadew Peppers
- Easy Semifreddo Recipe
- What is Escarole? How is it used?
- How to Make a Philadelphia Roll
- Simple Haddock Recipes
- Passion Fruit: How to Eat and What Does it Taste Like?
- Garlic Butter Sauce: Creamy & Delicious
- Blackened Chicken Recipe
- Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail Recipes
- How to Cut a Watermelon: The Easiest Way Ever
- Umeboshi: What Is It and How to Make?
- How to Make Homemade Vegan Pizza
- Cannelloni with Spinach and Ricotta
- Dashingly Delicious Chervil: How to Grow and Cook