Konnichi wa / Great Outdoors
How Long to Bake Chicken Thighs
Are you looking to make a delicious meal with chicken thighs?
If so, you’ve come to the right place! Baked chicken thighs are a great way to enjoy a juicy and flavorful meal.
But how long do you need to bake chicken thighs to get the best results?
In this article, we’ll discuss the different types of chicken thighs, the internal temperature that you need to reach, and the best way to bake chicken thighs.
We’ll also provide some tips for making sure your chicken thighs come out juicy and crispy.
Let’s get started!
Watch this video on Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs!
How Long to Bake Chicken Thighs
Types of Chicken Thighs
The first step in understanding how long to bake chicken thighs is knowing the different types of chicken thighs.
There are two main types of chicken thighs: bone-in chicken thighs and boneless chicken thighs.
Bone-in chicken thighs have the bone still attached and are usually sold with the chicken skin on.
Boneless thighs are usually sold without the skin and have had the bone removed.
Both types of chicken thigh can be cooked in the same way, but they will require different cooking times.
No matter which type of chicken thigh (or, alternatively, chicken breast or chicken drumsticks) you choose, you’ll need to make sure that it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
This is the minimum safe temperature for eating poultry.
To check the internal temperature of your chicken thigh, you’ll need a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, making sure not to touch any bones.
Once your chicken thigh reaches 165°F (74°C) on an instant read thermometer, it is safe to eat.
Baking Chicken Thighs
Chicken Thigh Recipe
Now that you know which type of chicken thigh you have and what temperature it needs to reach, it’s time to start baking!
The best way to bake chicken thighs is in an oven temperature preheated to 400°F (204°C).
If you have skin-on chicken thighs, make sure to rub them with olive oil and season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar before baking.
This will help ensure that your tender chicken thighs come out crispy and flavorful.
If you have boneless skinless chicken thighs, you can bake them in an airtight container or baking dish with a little bit of olive oil and your favorite seasonings.
Once your chicken is seasoned and ready to go, place it on a baking sheet or in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Tips for Juicy & Crispy Chicken Thighs
To ensure that your baked chicken thighs come out juicy and crispy, there are a few tips that you should keep in mind.
First, make sure that your oven is preheated before baking your chicken thighs. This will help ensure that they cook evenly and don’t dry out.
Second, if you have skin-on chicken thighs, make sure to pat them dry with a paper towel before seasoning them. This will help ensure that your seasoning sticks and that your skin gets nice and crispy.
Third, if you have skinless or boneless chicken thighs, make sure to cover them with aluminum foil while baking. This will help keep them from drying out.
Finally, once your juicy chicken thighs are done cooking, let them rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. This will help ensure that they stay juicy and flavorful!
Baking Sheet or Baking Dish
When baking chicken thighs, you can either use a baking sheet or baking dish.
A baking sheet is ideal if you’re looking for crispy skin on your chicken thighs.
A baking dish is better if you’re looking for juicy and tender chicken without the crispiness.
Marinade or Seasonings
For extra flavor, consider marinating or seasoning your chicken before baking it.
Marinades are a great way to add moisture and flavor to your chicken while seasonings can help bring out the natural flavors of the meat.
Some popular marinades and seasonings include olive oil, garlic powder, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
Once your baked chicken thighs are done cooking, let them cool before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftovers in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before eating.
Baked chicken thighs are a great way to enjoy a delicious meal without spending too much time in the kitchen.
To get the best results, make sure that you know which type of chicken thigh you have (bone-in or boneless), preheat your oven before baking, pat dry skin-on chicken thighs before seasoning them, cover skinless or boneless chicken thighs with aluminum foil while baking, and let them rest for 5-10 minutes after cooking.
Following these tips will help ensure that your baked chicken thighs come out juicy and crispy every time!
Looking for more on How Long to Bake Chicken Thighs and other topics? Try these:
- How to Make Iced Coffee
- Best Bourbon: A Comprehensive Guide
- How to Increase Testosterone Naturally
- Discover the Rich Flavor of Extra Añejo Tequila
- The Best Sipping Tequilas: A Guide to the Most Delicious Tequilas for Sipping
- The Ultimate Guide to the Best Tequilas for Shots
- The Definitive Guide to Blanco Tequila
- Explore the Different Types of Tequila and Find Your Perfect Match
- The Difference Between Mezcal and Tequila: What You Need to Know
- What Is Anejo Tequila? Learn All About This Popular Mexican Spirit
- The Most Expensive Tequilas: A Guide to the Finest Spirits
- Tequila Drinks: The Best Cocktails to Enjoy with a Tequila Lover
- Raise a Glass to Casamigos Tequila: The Perfect Margarita Maker
- United WiFi: Everything You Need to Know About Connecting to the Internet on United Airlines
- DeltaWifi.com: The Ultimate Guide to Delta Air Lines’ In-Flight Wi-Fi Services
- A Luxurious Getaway: The Ritz-Carlton Maldives
- A Closer Look at Delta Premium Select
- Emirates First Class: An Unparalleled Luxury Flight Experience
- How to Have a Happy Retirement: or, How to Make the Most of Your Later Years
- Pull Day Workout: Building Muscle and Strength with Pull Exercises
- Tinga de Pollo: A Delicious Mexican Classic
- How to Restart an Apple Watch
- How Many Miles is a 5K Race?
- Best Breakfast in Las Vegas
- A Delicious Mexican Tradition: Tacos de Canasta
- Tax Attorney: An Overview of What They Do and How to Find the Right One
- Best Tequila for Margaritas: A Comprehensive Guide
- Four Seasons New Orleans: A Luxury Hotel with a Rich Cultural Heritage
- What Is Gross Pay?
- Does Target Take Apple Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Mexican Breakfast
- The Subtle Art of Dry White Wine
- Bora Bora Resorts: A Comprehensive Guide to the Best Vacation Destinations
- How Many Cups in a Gallon?
- How Many Oz in a Pound: The Definitive Answer
- Las Vegas Time: Everything You Need to Know
- Welcome to AAInflight: The Ultimate Guide to American Airlines Inflight Services
- How to Care for Your Monstera Plant
- Tequila: A Taste of Mexico in Every Sip
The Essential Guide to Reposado Tequila: Unlocking its Complex Flavors