Konnichi wa / Great Outdoors
Lemon Drop Shot
A traditional lemon drop shot is a popular shot made with a few simple fresh ingredients: vodka, sugar, water and freshly squeezed lemon juice. For the perfect balance of tart and sweet, you can adjust the ratio of these ingredients to your taste. Not to be confused with a Lemon Drop Martini or a Lemon Drop Cocktail, this shot tastes similar to Lemon Drop candy with its lemon flavor and is served in a shot glass not a martini glass. To make this lemony goodness at home, follow our simple lemon shot / lemon drop recipe!
Watch this video on how to make a lemon drop shot!
What is a lemon drop shot?
A lemon drop shot is a simple drink that contains only three ingredients: vodka, sugar or simple syrup, and fresh-squeezed lemon juice. The drink is usually served in a shot glass. You can also garnish the drink with your favorite slice of citrus fruit to make it even more visually appealing!
How to make a lemon drop shot
Lemon Drop Shot Recipe
- 1 oz. vodka (Grey Goose or Absolut Citron)
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp. raw sugar or 1/2 tsp. simple syrup
- Lemon slice / lemon wedge (for garnish)
- Ice cubes
- Cocktail shaker
- Shot glass
- Pour vodka, lemon juice, and sugar or simple syrup into cocktail shaker full of ice.
- Mix well then pour liquid into shot glass.
- Serve with lemon wedge on side.
- Please drink responsibly.
- You can create a sugared rim / sugar rim shot glass by rubbing lemon juice on the rim of the shot glass then dipping / rubbing into a plate of sugar.
- You can also sugar the lemon wedge by dipping / rubbing into a plate of sugar before serving.
Final thoughts on lemon drop shot
Hope you enjoyed this article on lemon drop shot!
Looking for more on Lemon Drop Shot and other similar content? Try these:
- Boba Tea (Bubble Tea): What It Is and How to Make It
- Best Homemade Chili Recipe
- Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- Ratatouille: A Recipe for a Tasty Dish
- How to Make Sushi Rice: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Donburi: A Japanese Rice Dish
- Swai: The Best Fish to Abstain From
- 180 C to F: 180 Celsius to Fahrenheit Conversion
- What to Substitute for Cardamom in Recipes
- Pepino: A Simple Fruit
- Philodendron: How to Grow and Care for Your Houseplant
- Best Substitutes for Coriander and Cilantro
- Mirin Substitute: What Is It and What to Use If You Don't Have Any?
- Best Ways to Use Peppadew Peppers
- Easy Semifreddo Recipe
- What is Escarole? How is it used?
- How to Make a Philadelphia Roll
- Simple Haddock Recipes
- Passion Fruit: How to Eat and What Does it Taste Like?
- Garlic Butter Sauce: Creamy & Delicious
- Blackened Chicken Recipe
- Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail Recipes
- How to Cut a Watermelon: The Easiest Way Ever
- Umeboshi: What Is It and How to Make?
- How to Make Homemade Vegan Pizza
- Cannelloni with Spinach and Ricotta
- Dashingly Delicious Chervil: How to Grow and Cook
- Halloumi Cheese: What Is It and How to Cook?
- Magical Treacle: Spreads on Almost Anything
- The Best Truffle Fries
- Super Quick and Easy Capellini Recipe
- The Curious Properties of the Fiddlehead Fern
- Air Fryer Baked Potato: Tasty and Healthy
- Radicchio: What is it? How to cook and eat?
- The Philodendron Rio: A Houseplant for All Levels
- How to Reheat Pizza in an Air Fryer
- The Monstera Adansonii or Swiss Cheese Plant: A Living Bonsai Tree
- Picanha Steak: Brazilian Carne De Sol
- Drambuie: The Scottish Whisky You Need To Know About
- Yakiniku: Japan's Favorite BBQ