Konnichi wa / Great Outdoors
The Perfect Rockfish Recipe: Blackened with Garlic Butter Sauce
Rockfish is a popular type of fish in the Pacific Northwest, and it's also one of my favorites. The best way to cook rockfish is very simple: blackened with garlic butter sauce. This rockfish recipe is a good way to introduce new flavors into your repertoire. The dish is fresh and light, with an intriguing mix of ingredients. It's also inexpensive and incredibly easy to make.
Watch this video on how to pan-sear rockfish!
What is rockfish?
Rockfish is a popular type of white fish found throughout the United States. It can be found in the Pacific Northwest as Alaskan Rockfish or Pacific Rockfish or it can be found along the eastern seaboard as Red Snapper.
The fish has a mild flavor and can be used to make your favorite fish recipe, including rockfish tacos, grilled rockfish with lemon juice and fresh herbs, or baked rockfish with lemon slices and rockfish filets on a baking sheet.
What we've included here is a blackened rockfish recipe that is then drizzled with garlic butter sauce, but as long as you're using fresh ingredients, fresh fish, and fresh flavors, you can't go wrong with this delicious entrée!
Blackened rockfish recipe
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Season both sides of rockfish fillets evenly with Cajun seasoning.
- Place rockfish into heated olive oil in pan and cook until blackened (about 3-5 minutes on each side).
- Remove from heat and drizzle with garlic butter sauce.
Tips for making rockfish
Dredge the fish fillet in a small bowl or shallow bowl filled with flour mixed with salt and pepper before adding to the oil for a battered rockfish fillet. Once cooked, allow to cool at room temperature on a few layers of paper towels before serving with tartar sauce.
Use the blackened rockfish to make fish tacos if you have a few tortillas on hand and cabbage, etc. Sprinkle the rockfish with a little lime juice for an added kick.
Final thoughts on this rockfish recipe
Hope you enjoyed this article on our rockfish recipe!
Looking for more on Rockfish Recipes and other similar content? Try these:
- One Second till Impact: A Kamikaze Shot
- Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe: Japanese Inspired and Beyond!
- The Beautiful Weeping Cherry Tree
- The Story of Daikon: A Taste of the East
- The Ultimate Guide to Growing Pothos
- Pomodoro Sauce
- The Chinese Money Plant: A Companion in Your Home
- Tasty Fish and Chips
- Nigiri: What Is It and How Does It Differ from Sashimi or Maki?
- Spaghetti Squash: How to Cook
- Peperomia: How to Grow and Care for
- Capers: What Are They and What Do They Taste Like?
- Sashimi: What Is It and How Does It Differ from Sushi?
- Gummy Bear Shot Recipe
- Lemon Drop Shot
- Boba Tea (Bubble Tea): What It Is and How to Make It
- Best Homemade Chili Recipe
- Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- Ratatouille: A Recipe for a Tasty Dish
- How to Make Sushi Rice: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Donburi: A Japanese Rice Dish
- Swai: The Best Fish to Abstain From
- 180 C to F: 180 Celsius to Fahrenheit Conversion
- What to Substitute for Cardamom in Recipes
- Pepino: A Simple Fruit
- Philodendron: How to Grow and Care for Your Houseplant
- Best Substitutes for Coriander and Cilantro
- Mirin Substitute: What Is It and What to Use If You Don't Have Any?
- Best Ways to Use Peppadew Peppers
- Easy Semifreddo Recipe
- What is Escarole? How is it used?
- How to Make a Philadelphia Roll
- Simple Haddock Recipes
- Passion Fruit: How to Eat and What Does it Taste Like?
- Garlic Butter Sauce: Creamy & Delicious
- Blackened Chicken Recipe
- Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail Recipes
- How to Cut a Watermelon: The Easiest Way Ever
- Umeboshi: What Is It and How to Make?
- How to Make Homemade Vegan Pizza