This shoe is ideal for long hikes and other backcountry pursuits. It's La Sportiva's most-cushioned trail running shoe and also one of its more popular. There have been many positive reports from people hiking the AT and PCT with these, so you know they can go the distance, but they're also good for day hiking over moderately technical terrain. Buy this shoe if you like the cushioning and don't mind the slightly extra weight - your feet will thank you for it.
Where to Buy: Amazon
Brand: La Sportiva
- WELL CUSHIONED - Stable and neutral, the Wildcat is La Sportiva shoes most cushioned men's trail running shoe; Performs best in moderate to technical terrain over long-duration hikes
- SHOCK ABSORPTION - High-cushion, high-density midsole delivers all day comfort during long hikes, ultra-marathons, backcountry runs, and off road races; Nylon molded flex transfer shank and a layer of LaSpEVA provide added shock absorption for serious athletes
- LIGHTWEIGHT, BREATHABLE - Vented AirMesh uppers with slightly wider toe box keep your feet cool on hot days, control moisture and prevent blisters without adding unnecessary weight to make the Wildcat an exceptional ultralight trail runner
- FULL CONTROL - Grippy FriXion AT sole with Impact Brake System and X-Axis provides excellent traction and stability on slick trails or uneven terrain; Aggressive rubber outsole bites into the trail while the one-piece molded lacing harness maintains a snug fit
- ANKLE SUPPORT - TPU transkinetic heel stabilizers and UreTech reinforcements provide the extra support and stability backcountry trail runners and ultralight backpackers need for high mileage days
Publisher: La Sportiva
Details: La Sportiva's most cushioned trail running shoe, the original La Sportiva Wildcat is an ultralight all-terrain trail shoe / hiking shoe great for those looking for long distance comfort and exceptional foot protection. Extra cushioning, shock absorption and an 12mm heel-to-toe drop make for a smooth foot strike. The super grippy FriXion AT outsole with Impact Brake System and X-Axis gives these trail runners incredible control for navigating rocks, roots and steep, rugged trails. The nylon molded flex transfer shank protects your forefoot from sharp rocks and keeps pesky bruises at bay even through ultramarathons or extended thru hikes. Full mesh uppers keep these shoes surprisingly light. Overbuilt rubber toes provide durability for miles and miles of abuse. Comes in European half sizes. Comparable to the Ultra Raptor (designed for mountain running), Altra Superior 4 trail running shoe, and La Sportiva Bushido, the Wildcat 2.0 is slightly more cushioned, but all are great shoes for hiking with plenty of arch support. Not approach shoes or climbing shoes. Use to replace your hiking boots. Return policy through Amazon.
Package Dimensions: 13.5 x 7.4 x 4.8 inches