- ATOM SL HOODY - The Atom SL Hoody is specifically created to hit the zone where insulation is required, but in a measured amount that suits milder conditions. Providing warmth comparable to a lightweight fleece for significantly fewer grams, the Atom SL is an efficient midlayer in cool conditions and a great standalone during rest breaks, early morning starts, and while enjoying the view from a freshly bagged peak.
- FOCUSED VERSATILITY - The Atom SL is designed to handle subtle climate shifts. Balancing air permeability with wind resistance, the shell material allows airflow during active periods, but helps cut the chill during static moments.
- COMPACT INSULATION - 40g/m² Coreloft Compact insulation is highly compressible, insulates if wet, and delivers its superior performance for very little weight. All the Atom SL’s fabrics are selected to manage moisture and provide comfort while on the move. Sleeves are lined with a comfortable mesh, and lightweight fleece side panels help provide thermal performance and ventilation. Articulated sleeves and gusseted underarms extend freedom of movement.
- FUNCTIONAL MINIMALISM - Created to be so compact and light there’s no reason to leave it behind, the Atom SL employs only necessary features and ultralight fabrics. Comfortable, easily compacted and resilient, the Tyono 20 shell material uses fine denier yarns that allow a fabric configuration that is surprisingly strong for its weight. The DWR (durable water repellant) treated StormHood hood is uninsulated, making it ideal for minimizing wind chill or providing protection in light rain.
- TRIM FIT - The trim fit minimizes bulk and layers easily, and the insulation is placed only where it’s most needed, in the core, to reduce weight and bulk without sacrificing appropriate thermal performance. The result is a hoody that provides efficient shoulder season insulation, stuffs to the size of a grapefruit, and weighs a mere 260 grams.
Details: Building off the legendary versatility of the Atom LT Hooded Jacket, the Arc'teryx Men's Atom SL Hooded Insulated Jacket retains the LT's multi-use functionality, all while shaving 20-grams of Coreloft insulation to achieve a lightweight layering piece that's ideal for summer adventures. In fact, you'll find the Atom SL Hooded Insulated Jacket saves approximately 3. 5-ounces over the LT, making it better suited for lightweight alpine hikes and minimalist peak-bagging missions in the summertime. Coreloft Compact 40 synthetic insulation retains body heat on those chilly summer mornings and evenings. This insulation is highly compressible, lending itself to easy storage within your pack. Leveraging Arc'teryx's Tyono 20 shell fabric, the Atom SL Hooded Insulated Jacket remains lightweight and surprisingly durable. The shell's DWR treatment repels outside moisture from passing showers, ensuring you stay nice and dry through all but torrential downpours. Boosting air permeability where you perspire most, Torrent fleece side panels substantially increase ventilation and overall flexibility during high-octane pursuits. Additionally, mesh lining along the sleeves boosts next-to-skin comfort. Refined over previous offerings, the No Slip Zip enhances core ventilation without inadvertently opening during rigorous activity. It works like a series of speed bumps, preventing self-opening when it's partially unzipped. Other design-savvy features include two zippered hand pockets, an adjustable, low-profile Storm Hood, and shaped cuffs with stretch fleece. There's also an adjustable hem cord for sealing out chilly drafts and blustery conditions.
Package Dimensions: 14.0 x 9.6 x 2.0 inches