Author: National Geographic Maps - Trails Illustrated
Brand: National Geographic
- Approximately 4 1/4" x 9 1/4" folded; 25.5" x 37.75" fully opened
- Scale = 1:80,000
- Map Revised - 2005
- Features Included: the Park in its entirety, the Little San Bernardino Mountains, Nexie Mountains, Lost Horse Valley, Quail Springs Historic Trail, Black Rock Canyon, Hidden Valley, Pinto Basin, Chuckwalla Valley, Cottonwood Mountains, Pinto Mountains, Cottonwood Spring Nature Trail, and more. The trails on this map have been enhanced and mileage has been added.
Format: Folded Map
Number Of Pages: 2
Publisher: National Geographic Maps
Release Date: 01-01-2005
• Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map
The two distinct ecosystems of the Colorado Desert and the Mojave Desert meet in southeastern California in the Joshua Tree National Park. National Geographic's Trails Illustrated map of the park delivers unmatched detail and valuable information to assist you in your exploration of this fascinating land of surreal geologic features shaped by strong winds, unpredictable torrents of rain, and climatic extremes. Created in partnership with local land management agencies, this expertly researched map features key areas of interest including Black Rock Canyon, Lost Horse Valley, Indian Cove, Cottonwood, Chuckwalla Valley, and the Pinto Mountains.
With miles of clearly marked trails that include mileages between intersections, this map will prove invaluable in your exploration of the park. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits and passes. Interesting information about the park, regulations, and safety tips are included as well. Recreation features are clearly marked, including interpretive trails, campgrounds, picnic areas, points of interest, horse camps, and more.
Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.
Other features found on this map include: Cadiz Valley, Cathedral City, Coachella Valley, Coxcomb Mountains, Eagle Mountains, Hayfield Lake, Indio, Joshua Tree National Park, Little San Bernardino Mountains, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Twentynine Palms, Yucca Valley.
- Map Scale = 1:80,000
- Sheet Size = 37.75" x 25.5"
- Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"
Package Dimensions: 9.2 x 4.2 x 0.4 inches